Monday, May 15, 2023
Francis Olympic Field
Recognition ceremonies precede or immediately follow the ceremony.
Candidates should march in front of or behind the person with whom they wish to sit, not side by side.
- By 8: 30 a.m., all candidates must be at the assembly point designated for each school.
- The procession will begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp, led by the grand marshal, the chancellor, members of the administration, the Board of Trustees, honorary degree recipients, faculty, and alumni from the 50th reunion class.
The program begins with the Commencement address, followed by the presentation and conferral of degrees.
- Singing of “America the Beautiful”
The Academic Recession
- All graduates will recess from Francis Olympic Field under the direction of Chancellor Martin.
- Graduates should arrange to meet friends and relatives at one of the festival activity locations across campus to alleviate crowding and enable a quick exit from the ceremony.
The ceremony typically concludes no later than 11 a.m.
Please note that individual pictures of each student at each of the school recognition ceremonies will be available from professional photographers.
- Out of consideration for others, please keep the front of the stage and pathways clear during the ceremony.
- Graduates and guests are encouraged to utilized the professional and self-service photography areas across campus. More information to be posted in the spring.