The December Recognition Ceremony will take place in the Field House on Saturday, Dec. 9, at 10 a.m. CST.
Please read the important information below and share this email with any guests who plan to attend the ceremony.
Important information for you
- Regalia is required to participate. Please review pick up and return information.
- Graduates should arrive by 8:45 a.m. and enter through the Sumers Recreation Center.
- When you arrive, you will go to our registration table to check-in and receive your name card. If you are receiving more than one degree, you should check-in with your highest degree. For example, Student A is receiving a Masters in Biology and Bachelors in Spanish. They will check-in at the Masters degree table.
- The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. and will conclude around 11:30 a.m. All graduates will recess from the Field House and should arrange to meet guests outside the Athletic Complex.
- A grab-and-go reception will take place inside the Athletic Complex lobby.
- University photos will be posted on Widen and videos on YouTube.
- Help the Career Center help you! Please take a moment to report your plans.
- Stay in touch as a WashU alum! Follow @WashUAlumni on Facebook and Instagram and join the WashU Alumni group on LinkedIn.
Important information for your guests
Getting to campus and parking
- Please review the Visiting Campus page for more detailed information.
- Guests may park in Snow Way or the Danforth University Center garages.
- Accessible parking is available to those displaying a state-issued accessible placard or license plate in Lot 31, accessible via Olympian Way.
Attending or viewing the ceremony
- The ceremony livestream will be available on the Commencement website.
- Guests will enter through the Athletics Complex lobby. Doors will open at 8:30 a.m.
- The Field House doors will open at 8:45 a.m.
- Guests should not block pathways or the area in front of the stage during the ceremony. There will be designated professional photography area during the recognition ceremony.
- Only water will be allowed inside the Field House.
- A grab-and-go reception will take place inside the Athletic Complex lobby following the ceremony.
We look forward to celebrating each of you and all of your incredible accomplishments.
Your WashU Commencement team