Imagine yourself the Class of 2023 Commencement speaker!
Graduates are invited to apply to be the Class of 2023 undergraduate student speaker.
Applicants must be a current undergraduate who has filed an intent to graduate in May 2023 and be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. Those who have a history of participation in campus and community activities are preferred but not required.
A committee of faculty, staff, and students will review all submissions and notify top candidates in late February.
How to Apply
The application window will be open from Tuesday, Jan. 17 to Friday, Feb. 10, 2023. No late submissions will be accepted. Apply below.
- Complete application
- We suggest you respond to the questions in Word and paste your responses in the online application form
- Create a video introduction
- The video should be no more than three minutes in length
- Start with a brief introduction that includes your name, degree information, etc.
- Follow introduction with an overview of what your speech would cover
- Upload the video to YouTube, edit the settings to set as “unlisted”, and include the link in your online application
- Upload Resume
- After you submit the application, you will be redirected to WUSTL Box to upload your resume.