The 162nd Commencement ceremony will take place on Monday, May 15, at 9 a.m. on Francis Olympic Field, rain or shine. Be sure to check the calendar of events for a full schedule of school and affinity ceremonies.
Please read the important information below and share this email with any guests who plan to attend Commencement.
Important information for you
- Register for Commencement, if you haven’t already.
- Reserve regalia, which you must wear to participate in the ceremony.
- Allow ample time to arrive at your school’s assembly point by 8:30 a.m.
- The procession will begin promptly at 9 a.m.
- The ceremony will conclude around 11 a.m. All graduates will recess from Francis Olympic Field and should arrange to meet guests elsewhere on campus.
- An all-school Commencement festival will follow the ceremony and conclude at 3 p.m.
- University photos will be posted on Widen and videos on YouTube.
- Help the Career Center help you! Please take a moment to report your plans.
- Stay in touch as a WashU alum! Follow @WashUAlumni on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Important information for your guests
Getting to campus and parking
- Please review the campus map and detailed transportation and accessibility information.
- We strongly encourage guests to take a hotel shuttle, taxi, or ride-sharing service.
- Guests may park in the Snow Way, Millbrook, Shepley, Wallace, and East End garages.
- Accessible parking is available to those displaying a state-issued accessible placard or license plate in the Danforth University Center (DUC) Garage, accessible via Forsyth Boulevard at Wallace Drive.
Attending or viewing the ceremony
- Guests should bring a reusable water bottle to refill at water stations throughout campus. No food or beverage, other than water, will be allowed on Francis Olympic Field.
- The ceremony livestream will be available on the Commencement website.
- In-person guests should arrive by 7:30 a.m. to allow adequate travel time from parking areas.
- The Francis Olympic Field gates will open at 7:30 a.m.
- Guest seating will be behind and on the sides of the areas designated for graduates on Francis Olympic Field. Alternative viewing locations also are available.
- Guests should not block pathways or the area in front of the stage during the ceremony. There will be designated photography areas at the Commencement festival after the ceremony.
- There are several ways for others to honor your achievements and celebrate the occasion!
- Download the WashU Safe app, available in the Apple App and Google Play stores, to receive safety alerts and access emergency information.
Visit our FAQ page for more information. If you have a Commencement question that needs a quick answer, scan the QR code below to text Tassel, our AI Chatbot!
Your WashU Commencement team